It is located on the route of the Wild Atlantic Way, surrounded by the spectacular coastlines of the Mulroy and Swilly; panoramic views stretch from Horn Head to the Inishowen Peninsula.
Numerous beaches, shores and lakes in the area offer the chance of surfing, boat trips, windsurfing, sea angling, rock and lake fishing, and hill walking. If you prefer less strenuous activities there are ample opportunities for sightseeing: scenic drives around the spectacular coastline of Fanad and beyond.
If you like a round of golf and some fine dining, Fanad offers that as well. Panoramic views and unspoilt countryside are a real source of inspiration for the artist.
Cosy Nook Streetview
- 3 bedrooms – sleeps 4 – 6. (4 adults max)
- 2 x double bedrooms: 1 x bunks
- electric blankets on all beds
- 1 bathroom with electric shower over bath
- comfortablycarpeted sitting room with dining area
- flat screen TV with Saorview (Freeview) channels, dvd player,cd/radio,
- oil fired central heating & immersion water heating
- separate kitchen
- gas cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine
- separate Play Shed in back garden – ideal for rainy days
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- cot and highchair available on request
- small library of books for adults and children, board games, cartoons/films/ music CDs
- sheltered, secluded back garden
- patio area with outdoor furniture
- well-kept lawn to back and front
- ample off-road parking for several cars
- local shops and Post Office 2.5 km
- supermarket at Portsalon crossroads
- local pub – Lighthouse Tavern – 15 mins walk
- quiet and peaceful location
- ideal touring base
- thank you for not smoking
- sorry, no pets
The Wild Atlantic Way
The cottage lies just off the route of the Wild Atlantic Way which hugs the coastline of the Fanad Peninsula. The cottage is an ideal base to explore this driving route not just in Fanad but also on the neighbouring Rosguill and Horn Head Peninsulas.
Although located in a very tranquil countryside setting the cottage is just over 10 minutes drive from the beach and golf resorts of Portslon and Downings and the seaside village of Carrigart.
Cosy Nook provides a unique holiday experience in a tranquil rural setting. Whether you want to enjoy the great outdoors or simply want to unwind and relax this charming cottage provides the ideal holiday base.