Croghan House Tamney
Croghan House is a modern holiday home situated close to the shores of Mulroy Bay, in an peaceful country setting near the village of Tamney on the Fanad Peninsula.
- 4 bedroom cottage to sleep 10
- overlooking Mulroy Bay
- spacious interior
The holiday home is furnished to a very high standard throughout with the aim of making the holiday experience as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. With 4 spacious bedrooms the accommodation is ideal for an extended family or two families sharing. It is also perfect for a group of golfers, hill walkers or fishermen who prefer a more relaxing getaway. There are two spacious bedrooms on the ground floor (one ensuite, and the other have access to the main bathroom), and two further spacious bedrooms upstairs (both ensuite).
The holiday home is located along the scenic Mulroy Drive – the first official loop route of the Wild Atlantic Way. The iconic Fanad Head Lighthouse is a Signature point on the Wild Alantic Way and is located just 11km from the holiday home. The lighthouse and grounds are now open to the public during the holiday season.
Phone or txt Liam on +353 87 9719941
or click on this button to view pricing, check availability or to email owner
Pricing and Availability
The seaside village of Portsalon is just over 5 km from the holiday home This charming resort has a fabulous blue flag beach and a top class golf course. At the village harbour there is a water sports centre where kayaks, pedal boats, wetsuits and boogie boards can be hired. Further north along the peninsula from the holiday home there are a number of secluded beaches including Sessiagh and Ballyhoorisky.
Facilities and More Details
- 4 bedrooms to sleep up to 10 (3 ensuite)
- bathroom with bath and overhead shower – ground floor
- main living room with fireplace
- comfortable furniture suite
- superb views over mulroy bay
- tv, sterio – sky tv provided
- furnished sun room with glass patio doors.
- kitchen and dining room
- fully fitted kitchen
- microwave, fridge, dishwasher
- electric oven and gas hob
- dining table and six chairs
- washing machine, tumble dryer in separate utility
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- cot available on request
- large grass area to the front and to the sides of the house
- two mins to new Childrens Playground in Tamney
- 2 min drive to Tamney, 3 min drive to Rosnakill
- 2 km to the Meadows Trout Fishery
- 5km to Blue flag Beach and Golf Course at Portsalon
- 7.5 km to Kerrykeel
- 11km to Fanad Head and Lighthouse
- quiet and peaceful location
- ideal touring base
- ample parking
- pets welcome
The Fanad Peninsula
Tamney is located on the Fanad Peninsula. This beautiful peninsula has some of the most remarkable cliff scenery in Ireland, including outstanding examples of marine erosion. The peninsula has numerous bays, glorious beaches, rugged mountains, rolling hills and numerous small lakes.
On the western shores of the peninsula the renowned Knockalla coast road offers a spectacular drive overlooking Lough Swilly and the Inishowen hills. The entire peninsula is ideal terrain for walkers and cyclists. The iconic Fanad Lighthouse – a signature point on the Wild Atlantic Way – is just 20 km from the holiday home.