The cottage is situated in the townland of Gortnatra approximately halfway between the Mulroy (Harry Blaney) Bridge and the iconic Fanad Head Lighthouse – a Signature Point on the Wild Atlantic Way
Kerrykeel lies along the scenic Mulroy Drive – an official detour off the Wild Atlantic Way driving route. The village is well served with shops and pubs and has an art gallery and craft shop with cafe. There are a number of eating establishments in the village including the beautifully situated Ripples Restaurant.
Stay at Antons Cottage and you can be as far from the world as you like. This quaint holiday home is off the beaten track. It is situated in rugged countryside but is a short drive to water on all sides – it is “between the waters “ of Mulroy Bay , with the Atlantic Ocean to the north and the shores of Kindrum Lough just 4km away.
- 2 bedrooms to sleep 4 people
- large wet room with toilet
- living room with open fireplace
- sofa and armchair furniture – 1 sofa bed
- room includes family heirlooms – spinning wheel, record player
- sitting room with stanley range
- sitting room has dining table and traditional kitchen dresser
- the room also features family artifacts
- sitting room opens out to galley style kitchen
- kitchen has free standing appliances
- gas oven and hobs, microwave
- fridge, coffee maker
- washing machine, tumble dryer
- kitchen window looks out to Atlantic Ocean
- iron and ironing board
- lawns to the side and back of the cottage
- parking at front
- stone walls to the side and back of the property
- 4km to Kindrum Lough
- 7km to the Harry Blaney Bridge
- 12km to Fanad Head Lighthouse
- 10km to Carrigart
- 12km to Portsalon
- 14km to Downings
The Wild Atlantic Way
The cottage lies just off the route of the Wild Atlantic Way which hugs the coastline of the Fanad Peninsula. The cottage is an ideal base to explore this driving route not just in Fanad but also on the neighbouring Rosguill and Horn Head Peninsulas.
Although located in a very tranquil countryside setting the cottage is just over 10 minutes drive from the beach and golf resorts of Portslon and Downings and the seaside village of Carrigart.
Anton’s Cottage provides a unique holiday experience in a tranquil rural setting. Whether you want to enjoy the great outdoors or simply want to unwind and relax this charming cottage provides the ideal holiday base.